Create an account or log in to view the 2021-2022 calendar and apply for hunts. To reactivate your account, go to LOG IN then request a new password.
to Participate as a Youth Hunter in The Texas Youth Hunting Program, You Must…
- Be 9 to 17 years old.
- Create a Youth Hunter Account.
- Have a valid Texas hunting license and appropriate tags or stamps when required.
- Be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Complete Hunter Education for Texas or another state. Call the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department at (800) 792-1112 or use the Quick Links on this page for more information and a schedule of upcoming Texas Hunter Education Courses in your area.
How to apply for Hunts?
- Login to your Youth Hunter Account.
- From the Youth Hunt Schedule click the Apply button for all hunts you would like to attend (be sure you can attend prior to applying).
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION! To be selected for a youth hunt, you must complete the application process, which includes providing a copy of your current Texas Hunting License and proof* of Hunter Education to the TYHP Office prior to the Hunt Deadline Date (see “Contact Us” for fax, email or mailing address information).
- Complete the TYHP forms located in the Youth Hunter Information and Documents section of this website. Completed documents must be brought to your hunt!
- Submit your Hunt Fee, as instructed, when you are selected for a youth hunt to secure your spot. $150 for Youth and Accompanying Adult – Additional Guest $50 (guests must be approved by TYHP)
*Proof of Hunt Education (HE) is a copy of your permanent HE Certificate (card) or the Temporary Student Card signed by your HE instructor.